Raising Awareness of the risk of flooding in Sutton by Dover Parish
Is your home at risk of flooding?
- Over 5 million homes and businesses in England are at risk of flooding Is yours one of them?
- The average cost of flood damage to a home is £30,000, and the mental health impacts are long lasting
- You could be out of your home for an average of 5 months.
- Crucially taking steps to prepare for flooding can reduce the damage to your home and possessions by around 40%.
With winter fast approaching, now is the ideal time to check if you’re at risk of flooding: gov.uk/check-flooding
How can you prepare?
- Sign up for warnings at uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings
- Create a flood plan uk/prepare-for-flooding
- Find out how to protect your property here org.uk
- Check your insurance to see if you are covered
- Have a flood kit of essential items at home
- For help and advice call Floodline free on 0345 988 1188.
Help make a difference in your community and help in times of flooding – sign up to become a volunteer Flood Warden: