07572 468032 (Phone)
Documents

Minutes 5th July 2022 draft

2021 - 2022Agendas & Minutes Uploaded on July 13, 2022

 SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL

https://suttonbydoverparishcouncil.org.uk/

Minutes (Draft)

Meeting held in Studdal Church Hall on Tuesday 5th July 2022 at 7.30 pm.

 

  1. Present and Apologies B Merriman (Chair)

G Akhurst

G Smith

H Densham

A Calthorpe

L Steger

S Smith (Clerk)

5 Members of the public

Apologies

D Willet

KCC Member Steve Manion

DDC Member Nick Kenton

 

  1. Declarations of interest

Cllr Calthorpe declared an interest on item 6. Finance.

  1. Approval of the minutes 7th June 2022

The minutes were proposed as a true record of the meeting by Cllr Akhurst seconded by Cllr Calthorpe and all members voted in favour.

  1. Matters arising from the minutes 7th June 2022

Southern Water. All debris has been removed from the drive area.

Dangerous tree, Ashley. A thank you email has been received from the local resident who reported the problem.

Verges. Cutting has gone ahead in the parish of some of the verges and sightline corners.

Allotment mowing. Cllr Steger to talk to the contractor.

Static caravans.  DDC are looking into this.

Little Mongeham sign. Highways have responded explaining the siting of the village sign.

  1. Visitors

It was noted that the grass bank at Chapel Lane/Roman Road has not been cut. To be reported to Highways. Clerk to action.

  1. Finance                                                                                                                                                                                                                         i) To approve the payment schedule for July was proposed by Cllr Merriman seconded by Cllr Akhurst and all members voted in favour.

Chq No.

001503  Clerk                                      June wages                                                         £367.50

001504  Clerk                                      June ex – Onedrive                         £13.68

Hall heating (June and APM)    £ 8.00

Auditor gift                                £ 5.99            £ 27.67

001505 Southern Water                    Allotment 25-11-21 to-31-3-22                       £ 28.50

001506  C Little                                   Grass cutting ( April, May, June)                    £750.00

001507 A Calthorpe                           APM expenses                                                £ 37.44

 

ii) Bank reconciliation at 24th June 2022. The Current account has a balance of £17,300.55 and the reserve account, £15,641.23 making a total of £32,941.78. To approve the reconciliation was proposed by Cllr Merriman seconded by Cllr Densham and all members voted in favour.

7. Parish Clerk Vacancy

i) To appoint new Parish Clerk Ahti Nigol and to send him an employment contract was proposed by Cllr Akhurst seconded by Cllr Densham and all members voted in favour.

ii) Start date Monday 11th July 2022. Agreed

iii)   Salary £5616 per annum which assumes 9 hours a week at £12 per hour. This was proposed by Cllr Merriman seconded by Cllr Steger and all members voted in favour.

iv) Handover period 11th July to 6th Agreed.

v) To complete a Bank Mandate to transfer the official Parish address and telephone to the new clerk’s details from 5th August 2022 and to add Cllrs Steger and Willet to the mandate. This was proposed by Cllr Merriman seconded by Cllr Calthorpe and all members voted in favour.

vi) Cllr Akhurst to send the pension auto enrolment letter to the new clerk. This was proposed by Cllr Calthorpe seconded by Cllr Merriman and all members voted in favour.

 8.Clerks Conference 7th September

If the new clerk is willing to attend, it was agreed to spend £50 plus VAT for conference/training. This was proposed by Cllr Merriman seconded by Cllr Steger and all members voted in favour.

  1. KCC Allotment rental

To complete the setting up of a direct debit. No paperwork has been received yet. To go on the September agenda.

  1. Local Community                                                                                                                                                                                                                  i) Verge bollards opposite Canton. To submit a start date of 18th Clerk to action. Cllr Densham will need 3 bags of post concrete to install the bollards.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ii) Grass cutting. The contractor has someone helping to keep on top of the grass cutting. The contract to be discussed at the end of the year. It was agreed to keep checking how the areas are looking.
  2. Local Planning

For consideration by Councillors:

No planning applications for consideration.

Noted.

i) DOV/22/00395 The Franklin Roman Road East Studdal CT15 5FJ

Change of use of land to garden land and the erection of detached annexe for ancillary use DDC Refused permission

ii) DOV/22/00528 The Outrigger Chapel Lane Ashley CT15 5HZ

Conversion of garage/storage to an annex DDC Granted permission

iii) DOV/22/00530 Wentways Farm, Strakers Hill, East Studdal CT15 5BS

Erection of an agricultural barn DDC Refused permission

  1. Report from DDC/KCC

No DDC or KCC Member was present.

A short report from the KCC Member was passed on, advising that the number of Ukrainian refugees in the district is 190 and a note that the Dover TAP was implemented recently.

  1. Playing field                                                                                                                                                                                                                            i) Youth shelter. Thanks to Cllr Willet for painting the shelter. His message was passed on that the shelter should really be sandblasted to remove the old layers of paint.

Cllr Willet has also managed to acquire some bolt covers for the picnic table.

ii) To confirm no monies in or out of the Studdal recreation ground charity and to approve of Cllr Akhurst making an annual return to the Charity Commission to this effect for the year ending 31 March 2022. This was proposed by Cllr Smith seconded by Cllr Merriman and all members voted in favour.

It was agreed that for the audit trail a note be added to the asset register, showing an annual return (for the recreation ground, which the Parish Council is sole trustee for) is sent to the Charity Commission for the year ending 31st March.

A query arose as to whether the information showing the various property of the Council is still on the website. Clerk to action.

  1. Allotments                                                                                                                                                                                                                   i) Discuss grant funding application. Cllr Steger reported that the funding is still being pursued. Two quotes for the maintenance have been submitted so far and it was agreed a further quote be sought. Work on the water supply, new taps and the gate have all been highlighted as priority work and a quote for these is also being organised. To be discussed further at the next meeting.                             ii) New plots. Cllr Akhurst agreed to help Cllr Steger measure the new plots. To go on the September agenda.

Allotment and orchard issues to go on the September agenda.

  1. Orchard

To discuss whether an apple picking event is to go ahead in September/October. To go on the September agenda

  1. Correspondence.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 i) Local resident’s concerns about sightlines at Outrigger, Ashley. Highways have looked into the issue and agreed to issue a notice to the landowner to cut back the hedge. The local resident who raised the query, to be contacted. Clerk to action                                             ii) Local resident’s email regarding dead tree at property in Ashley. It was agreed to notify DDC of the problem so they could contact the local resident directly to give advice. Clerk to action.
  2. Any other business to report/matters to discuss

Defibrillator. To check whether this has been registered on the national database. Clerk to action.

The Clerk was thanked for her work and wished luck in her retirement.

  1. Date and status of next meetings.

Monthly Tuesday 6th September 2022 7.30pm – Studdal Church Hall

 

Meeting closed:  9.00pm